Monday, December 12, 2011

BENADOR: DIVINE INSPIRATION: PSALM 50



A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty G-d, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, G-d shines forth.
Our G-d comes, and does not keep silence; a fire devours before him, and there is a mighty tempest around him.
He calls to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
Gather my pious ones together to me; those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
And the heavens shall declare his righteousness; for G-d is judge himself. Selah.
Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you; I am G-d, your G-d.
I will not reprove you for your sacrifices, and your burnt offerings are continually before me.
I will accept no bull from your house, nor male goats from your folds.
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand mountains.
I know all the birds of the mountains; and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
If I were hungry, I would not tell you; for the world is mine, and all that fills it.
Do I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
Offer to G-d thanksgiving; and pay your vows to the most High;
And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will save you, and you shall glorify me.
But to the wicked man G-d says, What right have to you to declare my statutes, or to take my covenant in your mouth?
For you hate instruction, and cast my words behind you.
If you see a thief, you consort with him, and you keep company with adulterers.
You give your mouth free rein for evil, and your tongue frames deceit.
You sit and speak against your brother; you slander the son of your own mother.
You have done these things, and I have kept silence; you thought that I was one like yourself; but I will rebuke you and set the matter before your eyes.
Now consider this, you who forget G-d, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to save.
Whoever offers praise glorifies me; and to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of G-d.

No comments:

Post a Comment